Appointed by the University of Missouri Extension
All meetings are open to the public with the exception of executive sessions. Date and time of meetings are subject to change. Please contact the district office for any changes. If you wish to be on the agenda, please notify the district office one week prior to the meeting.
Next Election: Feb. 1-20, 2024.
Areas 1 & 3
Nomination Period is Nov. 1-30, 2023.
The Adair County Soil & Water Conservation District holds elections every 2 years.
The land representatives elect four (4) soil and water conservation district (SWCD) supervisors from the district. Each elected member represents one of four areas, as established at the time of the district’s organization or by official action of the Soil and Water Districts Commission. Supervisors serve a four-year term and are elected by a majority vote of the county’s land representatives under rules and policies formulated by the Soil and Water Districts Commission. It is the responsibility of the SWCD board to hold these elections as terms expire.
The SWCD Board of Supervisors is responsible for conducting the election under the rules and procedures developed by the Commission. The SWCD board shall conduct an election according to the schedule approved by the commission, detailed below.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
1. Being a land representative from the district. A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located, 10 CSR 70-4.010(1)(I)
2. Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
3. Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture”.
4. Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date. Section 278.110, RSMo.
5. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date and be willing to serve the full term they are elected for.
6. Provide a valid mailing address to the program office and notify the program of any change of address during their term.