Contact the district office at 573-422-3342 for meeting information.
Next Election: 2024 - Areas I (Boone & Miller Townships) and Area III (Johnson Township)
Nomination Period: November 1st - 30th 2023
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
1. Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
2. Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
3. Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
4. Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
5. Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.