Board & Election Information
- ChairJohn WheelerAreas Served:Turnback, Buck Prairie, and Aurora townships
- Vice ChairHarold LampeAreas Served:Vineyard, Mt. Pleasant, Pierce, and Freistatt townships
- TreasurerMarty BlevinsAreas Served:Red Oak, Green, Lincoln, and Ozark townships
- MemberTim NeelyAreas Served:Mt. Vernon, Hoberg, and Spring River townships
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Tim Schnakenberg
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Call 417-466-7682 for more information.
Next Election: 2022 AREAS II & IV
Nomination Period: May 2nd - June 1st /sites/mosoilandwater/files/seeking-nominees1 area 2 & 4.pdf
Election Period: July 20th- August 22nd
Ballots Counted by Election Judges: August 23rd- August 29th
Board Member Self Nomination Form: /sites/mosoilandwater/files/self-nomination-form_2.pdf
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.