For information on upcoming meetings, call 573-765-2595
Areas 1 and 3
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
1. Being a land representative from the district. A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located, 10 CSR 70-4.010(1)(I)
2. Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
3. Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture”.
4. Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date. Section 278.110, RSMo.
5. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date and be willing to serve the full term they are elected for.
6. Provide a valid mailing address to the program office and notify the program of any change of address during their term.