Board & Election Information
(left to right: Darin Schnarre, Jim Bullard, Jeff DeShon, Frank Gordon, Kent Shannon)
- ChairFrank GordonElected Area:2Years Served:Since 2011
Frank Gordon previously worked for the Natural Resources Conservation Service-NRCS (and Soil Conservation Service-SCS) as the Boone County District Conservationist and as the Urban Conservationist. He brings much experience to the board understanding both agencies' duties and responsibilities; he is also an active horticulturist raising grapes and elderberries.
- Vice ChairJim BullardElected Area:4Years Served:Since 2011
Jim Bullard is an active cattle rancher. Jim utilizes a managed intensive grazing system for his cattle and has hosted grassland contests on his farm.
- TreasurerJeff DeShonElected Area:3Years Served:Since 2013
Jeff DeShon raises goats and has cropland where he grows beans, corn, and wheat. Jeff comes from a family long involved with the Boone County SWCD.
- MemberDarin SchnarreElected Area:1Years Served:Since 2013
Darin Schnarre is also an active cattle rancher and cropland farmer. His family has been very involved in the agricultural and political landscape of Boone County.
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Kent ShannonYears Served:Since 2008
Kent Shannon is the University of Missouri Extension Natural Resource Engineer. Kent has excellent knowledge of Best Management Practices (BMP's) for erosion control and is an educational specialist for outreach.
Board of Supervisors Meetings
All board members can be contacted through the Boone County Soil and Water Conservation District. These members are excellent stewards of the land and promote good soil and water conservation measures in their daily farm routines.
The Boone County Board of Supervisors is responsible for administering the cost-share funds for agricultural soil and water conservation practices installed in Boone County averaging $200,000 each year in regular funding. The board also employs and supervises two full-time employees and one part-time employee.
Board members serve a term of four years and are elected by the landowners of Boone County.
Next Election: April 26, 2017
Area 1 Nominees (Bourbon and Centralia):
Darin Schnarre (incumbent)
Area 3 Nominees (Rocky Fork and Columbia):
Jeff DeShon (incumbent)
Elections are held every two years.
To qualify for office, a candidate shall:
- Be a land representative as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010
- Be a cooperator of the Soil and Water Conservation District
- Reside in or own a farm lying in the same area where there is an expiring term
- Be 18 years of age or older by the election date