Board & Election Information
- ChairmanGary BockElected Area:1Areas Served:Applecreek and Shawnee townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2012
- Vice ChairKeith EftinkElected Area:4Areas Served:Liberty, Hubble, and Welch townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2018
- TreasurerSusan JahnElected Area:3Areas Served:Randol and Cape Girardeau townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2008
- MemberKenny SpoolerElected Area:2Areas Served:Bryd, Whitewater, and Kinder townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2010
- University of Missouri Extension RepresentativeAnthony OhmesYears Served:Appointed in 2013
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Place, Date and time are subject to change by the Chairman due to conflict. Please contact the office at 573-243-1467 ext 3 to have items placed on the agenda or to confirm date and time.
Next Election: February 2024
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.