Board & Election Information
- ChairmanTrevor ClarkElected Area:2Areas Served:Washington, Lincoln, Jamesport, & East part of Grand River TownshipsYears Served:Appointed in 2008 & Elected in 2010
- Vice ChairLarry VaughnElected Area:1Areas Served:Benton, Salem, Marion, and West part of Grand River TownshipsYears Served:Appointed in 2016
- TreasurerDon TolenElected Area:4Areas Served:Union, Jackson, Harrison, and Monroe townshipsYears Served:Appointed in 2006 & Elected in 2010
- MemberJohn McLaughlinElected Area:3Areas Served:Jefferson, Liberty, Colfax, and Sheridan TownshipsYears Served:Appointed in 2021
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Manoj ChhetriYears Served:Appointed February 1, 2022
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Call the office for more information at 660-663-3703, ext. 3.
Next Election: February 2022
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.