Board & Election Information
- ChairGeorge EngelbachYears Served:Elected in 1996
George Engelbach, Chairman, is a full-time farmer and does a little of everything from cropping and haying to running a cow/calf operation. George has been on the board for 17 years and also serves on the Valley Ambulance District Board, Hillsboro School Board, Jefferson College Board, Farm Bureau and a new member of the County Council.
- Vice ChairGary BonackerYears Served:Elected in 2006
Gary Bonacker, Vice-Chairman, is a full-time farmer as well. Gary runs a cow/calf operation and crops many acres of soybeans and corn. Gary has served on the board for 5 years.
- TreasurerDale PierceYears Served:Elected in 1998
Dale Pierce, Treasurer, works full-time for the U.S. Postal Service. He also farms and has a cow/calf operation and does some cropping. Dale has served on the board for 15 years.
- MemberJamie HenryYears Served:Elected in 2016
Jamie Henry, Member, is a full-time farmer and seed representative for Millborn Seeds. Jamie and his wife, Amber, own and operate Henry's Meats, LLC., and are raising two sons on their farm just outside of DeSota. Jamie and Amber sell beef, pork, and lamb weekly at the DeSota Farmer's Market and have their own meat store at home. Jamie brings a lot of farming knowledge to the SWCD Board of Supervisors.
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Debi Kelly
Debi Kelly, Secretary, Horticulture/Local Foods Specialist with the University of Missouri Extension in Jefferson County. Debi was appointed as secretary in June of 2014.
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Next Election: TBA (Date and Area)
Elections are held every two years.
To qualify for office, a candidate shall:
- Be a land representative as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010
- Be a cooperator of the Soil and Water Conservation District
- Reside in or own a farm lying in the same area where there is an expiring term
- Be 18 years of age or older by the election date