Board & Election Information
- ChairJ.C. ShetleyElected Area:2
J.C. Shetley is a life-long resident and farmer of Madison County. Mr. Shetley is retired from the Missouri State Highway Department. Being retired gives Mr. Shetley more time to run the family farm with his son. Chairman Shetley was appointed to the board in 1998 and was re-elected in 2001, 2005, and 2009.
- Vice ChairHarry RobbinsElected Area:3
Harry Robbins is also a life-long resident and farmer of Madison County. The Robbins Farm is operated by Mr. Robbins and his two sons. Mr. Robbins is a Certificated Public Accountant, the owner of several businesses and was a Missouri Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts Area 8 Director. Vice-Chairman Robbins was appointed to the board in 1991 and was re-elected in 1995, 1999, 2003, 2007, and 2011.
- TreasurerBruce GriffonElected Area:1
Bruce Griffon is also a life-long resident and farmer of Madison County. Mr. Griffon runs and operates the family farm with the help of his wife and two sons. Mr. Griffon is also the owner and operator of a trailer sales business. Treasurer Griffon was elected to the board in 1999, re-elected in 2003, 2007, and 2011.
- MemberDanny MillerElected Area:4
Danny Miller is also a life-long resident and farmer of Madison County. Mr. Miller's occupation is a full-time farmer. Member Miller was elected in 2005 and re-elected in 2009.
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Next Election: TBA (Date and Area)
Elections are held every two years.
To qualify for office, a candidate shall:
- Be a land representative as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010
- Be a cooperator of the Soil and Water Conservation District
- Reside in or own a farm lying in the same area where there is an expiring term
- Be 18 years of age or older by the election date