Board & Election Information
- ChairDavid W. "Bub" MillerElected Area:2Areas Served:Northeast corner of Platte CountyYears Served:Elected in 1995
- Vice ChairHal SwaneyElected Area:4Areas Served:Southeast corner of Platte CountyYears Served:Elected in 1997
- TreasurerMargaret BaberElected Area:1Areas Served:Northwest corner of Platte CountyYears Served:Elected in 2001
- MemberGary OberdiekElected Area:3Areas Served:Southwest corner of Platte CountyYears Served:Appointed in 2005
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Cory CreedYears Served:Since 2014
Board of Supervisors Meetings
For more information, call the Platte County Soil & Water Conservation District at 816-431-5476 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
UpComing Election: Area 2 and Area 4 - Vote February 1 thru February 22, 2022
The Platte Soil and Water Conservation District’s Supervisor’s Election will be held February 1 thru February 22, 2022, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the USDA Service Center, 1209 Branch Street, Platte City, MO 64079 or cast your vote by mail with an online ballot.
The candidates are uncontested from Area 2 (Northeast portion of Platte County) David W Miller and from Area 4 (Southeast portion of Platte County) Hal Swaney.
1. Must be a Platte County taxpayer.
2. Own a farm in Platte County with an assigned Farm Service Agency farm number or zoned as agricultural land within land grades 1-5 by the county assessor.
3. Limit one (1) vote per independent farm enterprise by a landowner or the landowner’s legal representative. A legal representative must have a power of attorney that specifically authorizes voting in SWCD supervisor elections, a land representative shall be deemed as owning one (1) farm and having one (1) vote, regardless of the number of farms owned or power of attorney by such person.
4. If it is impossible for the farm owner to personally participate in voting, a power of attorney may be given to a taxpaying citizen of the county who may represent the owner and cast the vote. A person so authorized shall not be the legal land representative for more than one (1) farm owner. A copy of the power of attorney authorization must be attached to the ballot.
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.