Needs Assessment

Cost-Share Survey for Grundy County SWCD

The one-tenth-of-one-percent parks, soils and water sales tax is used to fund efforts to help protect the  soil from erosion and improve water quality. The tax was renewed by voters of the state of Missouri in 2006. Roughly $24 million is available to Missouri landowners from this tax. The Soil and Water Districts Commission has asked each soil and water conservation district to do needs assessment so the cost-share dollars can be more accurately allocated to meet the landowner’s needs.

The Grundy County SWCD is in the process of writing needs assessment as it pertains to cost-share dollars for conservation practices. This needs assessment will be submitted to the state Soil and Water Districts Commission to assist in determining our district’s cost-share dollar allotment  for next year. We have attached the entire listing of all regular cost-share practices that could be available statewide. These practices are grouped into what resource concern they address when installed.  For example, to combat sheet and rill erosion, terrace systems, permanent vegetative cover establishment, no-till systems and more may be recommended. Diversions, sod waterways and water impoundment reservoirs are among useful practices to control gully erosion. The board would like to know where cost-share for these conservation practices is needed in the county. We also want to find out what types of practices landowners need to address resource problems. 

Please take time to complete the Cost-Share Survey and mail to our office:

Grundy County SWCD
Attn: Cost-Share Survey
3415 Oklahoma Ave.
Trenton, MO  64683

You may also call the office with your information or stop in the office and let us know what practices you could use to fix the resource concerns on your land. The goal of this is to tell the state commission exactly how many landowners want to do cost-share practices. We also want to tell them what practices the landowners need, the estimated costs and potential soil savings and water quality impact that can be achieved through cost-share. If you would like more information on a certain practice or this process, feel free to contact our office at 660-359-2006 ext. 121, or by e-mail at