A Regional Management-Intensive Grazing School is held every year at one of our adjoining counties. The FOSA (Field Office Service Area) serves the counties of Christian, Douglas, Ozark, Stone and Taney. For more information, please contact the district's office.
The Annual Poster Contest is held every year for all countywide 3rd-6th grade students. Posters, poster board, booklets, teacher's guide and classroom assistance are provided free of charge. For more information, please contact Cindy Dalton at 417-546-2089.
The District offers an Annual Free Tree Program in honor of Arbor Day. Trees will be available for pickup the last of April/first of May every year. Limit 3 per household, while supplies last. Instructions available upon request.
Schedule SWCD Information Activities
- JANUARY - POSTER CONTEST FOR ALL 3RD-6TH GRADE STUDENTS IN TANEY COUNTY
- FEBRUARY - SPRING FORAGE CONFERENCE (SPONSORSHIP OF FFA CHAPTERS) & TANEY COUNTY LIVESTOCK & FORAGE CONFERENCE
- MARCH - ANNUAL MEETING/POSTER CONTEST BANQUET
- APRIL - ARBOR DAY FREE TREE PROGRAM
- MAY - STATE ENVIROTHON CONTEST - GRAZING SCHOOL
- JUNE - TANEY COUNTY FAIR BOOTH
- JULY - BEGINNING OF FISCAL YEAR/NEW COST-SHARE ALLOTMENT
- AUGUST - WOMEN IN AGRICULTURE MTG/CONFERENCE
- SEPTEMBER - FIELD DAY
- OCTOBER - FARM FEST
- NOVEMBER - ENVIROTHON CONTEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- DECEMBER - ANNUAL TRAINING CONFERENCE