Board & Election Information
- ChairLarry KembleElected Area:2Areas Served:Stokes Mound, Hurricane, Van Horn, Ridge, and Rockford townshipsYears Served:Elected in 1999
- Vice ChairRoy RitchhartElected Area:3Areas Served:Prairie, Trotter, Egypt, Moss Creek, Cherry Valley, and Sugar Tree townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2005
- Secretary (University of Missouri Extension)Kathi Mecham
- TreasurerBill BrunscherElected Area:1Areas Served:Washington, Hill, Fairfield, and Leslie townshipsYears Served:Elected in 1997
- MemberDennis HensiekElected Area:4Areas Served:Carrollton, Combs, DeWitt, Wakenda, and Eugene townshipsYears Served:Elected in 2007
Board of Supervisors Meetings
Place, date and time are subject to change due to holidays or other events. All meetings are open to the public with the exception of executive sessions. If you wish to be on the agenda, please notify the district office prior to the meeting.
Next Election: TBA (Date and Area)
Big Creek - Hurricane Creek Watershed District Board Of Trustees
- Mike Burger, Chairman - Elected in 2001
- Clint Burnside, Vice-Chairman - Elected in 2015
- Dwight Harper, Secretary - Elected in 2015
- Heath Owen, Treasurer - Elected in 2013
- Joe Brockmeier, Trustee - Elected in 1993
Elections are held every two years.
The qualifications required to be a supervisor are:
Being a land representative from the district (as defined in 10 CSR 70-4.010 (1) (I)). A land representative is defined as the owner or representative authorized by power of attorney of any farm lying within an area proposed to be established, and subsequently established, as a soil and water conservation district under Chapter 278, RSMo. Each farm is entitled to representation by a land representative: provided, however that the land representative is a taxpayer of the county within which the soil and water district is located.
Residing in, or owning a farm in, the area from which he/she is nominated where there is an expiring term.
Being a cooperator of the district, defined as, "a person who is actively engaged in farming and practices conservation activities related to agriculture".
Being a current resident and tax-paying citizen of the county for at least two years preceding the election date.
Being eighteen (18) years of age or older by the election date.