Landowner Assistance

Soil and water conservation practices installed on agricultural land save soil from eroding and reduce nutrients and pesticides from entering Missouri’s waterways. The Parks, Soils and Water Sales Tax provides financial incentives and share the cost between the farmer and the state for implementing soil and water conservation practices that prevent or control soil erosion and protect water quality.

General Landowner Requirements for Receiving Cost-Share

  • A cooperator (landowner/operator) must have a farm number through the Farm Service Agency in order to be eligible to sign-up for a cost-share contract.
  • The cooperator must have an approved conservation plan which includes the requested practice before the contract is approved.
  • A cost-share contract must be board approved before the conservation practice is started.

State Cost-Share Resource Concern Categories and Associated Practices

Not all districts offer every practice listed above. Please contact your local soil and water conservation district to see what is available.

For cost-share assistance, call 636-456-3434, ext. 3

Regular Cost-Share Assistance Available

Regular Cost-Share Brochure-DNR

  • DFR-4 Forest Plantation
  • DFR-5 Woodland Protection Livestock Exclusion
  • DSL-1 Permanent Pasture
  • DSL-2 Permanent Vegetative Cover Improvement
  • DSL-111 CAT-Permanent Vegetative Cover-Confined Feed Lots
  • DSL-15 No-till System
  • DSL-4 Terrace System
  • DSL-44 Terrace with Tile
  • DSP-2 Permanent Vegetative Cover Enhancement
  • DSP-3 Planned Grazing System
  • DSP-33 DSP-3 with Pond
  • DSP-333 DSP-3 with Well
  • DWC-1 Water Impoundment Reservoir - Pond
  • DWP-1 Sediment Retention Structure - Dry
  • DWP-3 Sod Waterway


Beginning July 1, 2008, all of the SWCD cost share must be direct deposited into the landowner's bank account.

Vendor Input/ACH/EFT Form (MO-300-1489), is required to complete contracting.

**Note: Lines titled "Date of Change" through "Previous Address" are only to be filled out if there has been a change in your information.

Return completed forms to the district office.  If you have questions, call us at 636-456-3434.